Please join us for a panel discussion regarding a recent two-day LDS multi-Stake training in Canada focused on understanding LGBTQ members, led by faithful gay Mormon podcasters Charlie Bird and Ben Schilaty (hosts of “Questions From the Closet” podcast).
Is the Church losing too many members over its antagonism towards LGBTQ people and rights? Does this training represent a “Gay Mormon Rescue,” reminiscent of the Swedish Rescue and Boise Rescue from previous years? What aspects of this training are groundbreaking and should be celebrated? Is this a local/grass-roots effort or is it sanctioned by top LDS Church leadership?
- Kyle Ashworth
- Julia Sanders
- Gerardo Sumano
Mormon Stories Thanks Our Generous Donors!
Help us continue to deliver quality content by becoming a donor today:
- One-time or recurring donation through Donorbox
- Support us on Patreon
- Pick “Mormon Stories” as your charity on Amazon Smile or through the Amazon App
PO Box 171085, Salt Lake City, UT 84117
Related Mormon Stories Content:
- Panel Members
- 980-982: Remembering the Swedish Rescue, From Those Who Attended
- 983: Swedish Rescue Audio
- 321-322: Denver Snuffer – A Progressive, Fundamentalist, Non-Polygamist Mormon Lawyer Who Claims to Have Seen Christ
- Bonus: “The Boise Rescue” – Elder Oaks and Richard Turley Speak in Boise on June 13th, 2015
- 1499: Mormon British Rescue? – The Britvengers React
- 1543: Alpine Utah Mormon Youth Rescue with Brad Wilcox
- 400: Top 5 Myths and Truths about Why Committed Mormons Leave the Church
- Understanding Mormon Disbelief Survey – Results and Analysis
- 1382: How Mormonism Groomed us For, and Can Help Save us From Trumpism / Fascism
- 1484: The Gay Mormon Reformation
Charlie Bird secretly dating and not being punished when other are excommunicated or disciplined for far less is really insulting. How can Charlie be a part of a rescue when he is simultaneously causing families to shame their children for not following Charlie’s proscribed way, while also not even following his own proscribed way.