Today we identify and analyze four problematic patterns in Joseph Smith’s “revelations”: 1) Using revelations to convince others to submit to his requests, 2) Using revelations to get out of a jam, 3) Changing revelations to fit Joseph Smith’s evolving theologies, and 4) a look at Biblical errors made in Joseph Smith’s revelation. We are joined by Mike of LDS Discussions and Nemo the Mormon.
LDS Discussion Essay on Joseph Smith’s Revelations.
LDS Discussions is made possible by generous donors!
Help us continue to deliver quality content by becoming a donor today:
LDS Discussions Platforms:
- LDS Discussions Website
- LDS Discussions on Anchor
- LDS Discussions on Spotify
- LDS Discussions Playlist on YouTube
Contact LDS Discussions:
- Twitter: @ldsdicussions
- Facebook: @ldsdiscussion
- Insta: @ldsdiscussions
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 171085, Salt Lake City, UT 84117
LDS Discussions Episodes
- 1655: Changes to the Doctrine & Covenants w/ LDS Discussions – 19
- Polygamy Series:
- 1673: An Introduction to Mormon Polygamy w/ LDS Discussions – 24
- 1676: D&C 132 – Joseph Smith’s Polygamy “Revelation” w/ LDS Discussions – 25
- 1679: Joseph Smith’s Plural Marriage Proposals Pt 1 w/ LDS Discussions – 26
- 1682: Joseph Smith’s Plural Marriage Proposals Pt 2 w/ LDS Discussions – 27
- 1688: The Happiness Letter (Joseph Smith’s Proposition to Nancy Rigdon) w/ LDS Discussions – 28
- 1691: Polygamy Apologetics, Spiritual Wifery, etc w/ LDS Discussions – 29
- 1590: Lost 116 Pages w/ LDS Discussions – 04
Mormon Stories Related Content
An old Jenn kemp is on your audio only about
wrong audio y’all
Thanks Timmy! You’re the best!