Hans H. Mattsson is a 3rd generation LDS church member from Sweden who served as a bishop and stake president in Sweden before serving in the LDS church 3rd Quorum of the Seventy from 2000-2005 in the Europe Central area under LDS Apostle L. Tom Perry.
In this 5-part interview, and accompanied by his beautiful wife Birgitta, Hans discusses the following:
- Part 1: His early years in Sweden prior to becoming an Area Authority.
- Part 2: His years as an Area Authority Seventy.
- Part 3: His interactions with LDS Apostles and the 1st Presidency.
- Part 4: His struggles with faith/testimony, specifically regarding LDS church history, after being released as an area authority.
- Part 5: His thoughts and feelings about the church today.
- You can read Hans’ New York Times interview here.
- You can see a brief video of Hans with the New York Times here.
- Links to the audio/transcript of the 2010 meeting between the disaffected Swedish saints and Elder Marlin Jensen and Richard Turley have been made available at MormonThink.com. Note: I did not ask or even encourage MormonThink to link to these. This was their decision.
- A link to the Understanding Mormon Disbelief study can be found here.
Finally, if you value Mormon Stories podcast, please consider supporting us via a weekly financial contribution. You can donate via the buttons at the top right of this site.
Thanks! And we hope you enjoy the interview!!!!