Founded in 2005, Mormon Stories podcast is the longest running and most popular Mormon-themed podcast. Hosted by Dr. John Dehlin (Clinical/Counseling Psychology), Mormon Stories podcast seeks to understand, explore, challenge, and improve the Mormon experience through stories. Some of the primary objectives of Mormon Stories podcast include:
- Providing support to Mormons who are transitioning away from either orthodox Mormonism, or from Mormonism altogether, with a particular emphasis on:
- Minimizing the anxiety, depression, and occasional suicidality that can accompany a transition away from religious orthodoxy.
- Reducing the number of unnecessary divorces attributable to Mormon faith crises.
- Creating a community of support for liberal/progressive and post-Mormons.
- Building greater awareness regarding accurate LDS/Mormon church history, doctrine, and theology – so that both active, believing Mormons and investigators of the church can make informed decisions regarding their investment in, and engagement with the church.
- Identifying opportunities for growth/improvement within the LDS church, and within broader Mormon culture.
Mormon Stories podcast operates in partnership with the Open Stories Foundation (a 501c3 non-profit), and obtained over 7.6 million podcast downloads and Facebook/Youtube views in 2019. The work of Mormon Stories podcast has been featured in the New York Times, National Public Radio, Good Morning America, the Wall Street Journal, VH1, the Huffington Post, VICE NEWS, etc
If you are new to Mormon Stories podcast, a fantastic way to begin exploring the podcast is to begin with our Top 25 most important/popular episodes of all time.
Your feedback is important to us. Please let us know:
- What you love about Mormon Stories podcast.
- What topics you would like to see us cover.
- What types of guests you would like to see us bring on to Mormon Stories, and
- What we can do to help make Mormon Stories better.
Please email us at MormonStories@gmail.com for your feedback.