Founded in 2005, Mormon Stories podcast is the longest running and most popular Mormon-themed podcast. Hosted by Dr. John Dehlin (Clinical/Counseling Psychology), Mormon Stories podcast seeks to understand, explore, challenge, and improve the Mormon experience through stories. Some of the primary objectives of Mormon Stories podcast include:
- Providing support to Mormons who are transitioning away from orthodox Mormonism, with a particular emphasis on:
- Minimizing the anxiety, depression, and occasional suicidality that can accompany a transition away from religious orthodoxy.
- Reducing the number of unnecessary divorces attributable to faith transitions.
- Creating a community of support for liberal/progressive and post-Mormons.
- Building greater awareness regarding accurate LDS/Mormon church history, doctrine, and theology.
- Identifying opportunities for growth/improvement within the LDS church, and within broader Mormon culture.
Mormon Stories podcast operates in partnership with the Open Stories Foundation (a 501c3 non-profit), and obtained over 5.2 million iTunes downloads and Facebook/Youtube views in 2017. The work of Mormon Stories podcast has been featured in the New York Times, National Public Radio, Good Morning America, the Wall Street Journal, VH1, the Huffington Post, and VICE NEWS.
If you are new to Mormon Stories podcast, a fantastic way to begin exploring the podcast is to begin with our Top 25 most important/popular episodes of all time.
Your feedback is important to us. Please let us know:
- What you love about Mormon Stories podcast.
- What topics you would like to see us cover.
- What types of guests you would like to see us bring on to Mormon Stories, and
- What we can do to help make Mormon Stories better.
Please email us at MormonStories@gmail.com for your feedback.