In this Mormon Stories podcast series, John and Margi interview Carol Lynn Pearson, Jana Riess, and Jana Johnson Spangler to explore their experiences navigating progressive Mormonism.
In this series we discuss:
- The moment when each panelist felt their faith become more complex/complicated.
- What led to their decision to remain active in the Church after their faith was challenged.
- Their comfort (or discomfort) with the “Mormon” label.
- The most valuable aspects of the LDS faith for each of them, and how LDS activity impacts their lives.
- Their social experiences in their wards as progressive Mormons.
- How they approach Sabbath observance, and how they supplement their Sunday experience beyond what they experience at church.
- Their observations regarding the health and vitality of the LDS Church in 2017.
Carol Lynn Pearson’s new book, The Ghost of Eternal Polygamy.
Jana Riess’ book, Flunking Sainthood Every Day: A Devotional For The Rest of Us.
Jana Johnson Spangler’s coaching practice at Symmetry Solutions.