Mormon Stories is excited to be joined in studio each day this week by Anthony Magnabosco for an exciting introduction into the world of Street Epistemology!
In part 1, airing live, Carah and John play clips from Anthony’s well-known YouTube channel where he practices Street Epistemology to give Mormon Stories listeners a feel for the technique Anthony, and others like him with “Street Epistemology International”, use in conversations with various random people on the street to find out if they have good reasons to believe their claims.
In part 2, we talk with Anthony Magnabosco about his Catholic background, development of the Street Epistemology interviewing technique, and a discussion about the atheist community at large. We hope you enjoy this first-of-its-kind interview to get to know Anthony better and continue to join us all week long as we dive into the world of Street Epistemology!
For our third interview, we will be discussing the fundamentals of Street Epistemology! We go over what people tend to say to believers that isn’t helpful, the ethical framework of SE such as informed content, and address criticisms of the method. We hope you enjoy this fascinating discussion and give us feedback if you decide to dive into learning Street Epistemology yourself!
Street Epistemology week continues with Anthony Magnabosco and special guest exMormon Christian pastor Shawn McCraney. After building the foundation of SE with episodes 1-3, in part 4, Shawn is kind enough to play our interlocutor as Anthony questions him about the roots of his religious beliefs. You’ll likely be very surprised with the way this interview progresses as Anthony does his best to display Street Epistemology in the Mormon Stories studio!
Anthony Magnabosco has been such a good sport all week taking us into the world of Street Epistemology and we are so thankful to our dedicated Mormon Stories listeners going on this journey with us! In this final interview, Carah and John decide to roleplay as believing Mormon parents and let Anthony play the part of the son who has lost their faith as he utilizes SE techniques in a way that helps soften the blow.
We are 100% donor funded! Please click HERE to donate and keep this content coming!
- Street Epistemology links
- Anthony Magnabosco links
- Street Epistemology YouTube channel
- Anthony Magnabosco’s YouTube channel
- The Complete Street Epistemology Guide
- Donate to Street Epistemology
- Anthony Magnabosco’s interview with Marriage on a Tightrope
- Street Epistemology Facebook Study Group
- Street Epistemology Discord
- Street Epistemology Reddit
- Recovering From Religion
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
- A Manual for Creating Atheists by Peter Boghossian
- The “Friendly Atheist” blog by Hemant Mehta
- Richard Dawkins’ debate with Brandon Flowers
- Street Epistemology International
- Mormon Stories interview with Shawn McCraney
- Another Mormon Stories interview with Shawn McCraney
- Heart of Matter podcast with Shawn McCraney
- Shawn McCraney’s YouTube channel
- Anthony interviewing Mormon missionaries
- RFM vs. Midnight Mormons Debate, moderated by Shawn McCraney
- How to Have Impossible Conversations: A Very Practical Guide by Peter Boghossian and James Lindsay
- Street Epistemology Facebook
- Street Epistemology Twitter
- How Minds Change: The Surprising Science of Belief, Opinion, and Persuasion by David McRaney
- “You Are Not So Smart” podcast, with David McRaney