- Click here to obtain the PowerPoint presentation for this podcast.
- Click here to listen to Grant Palmer’s podcast outlining his interpretation of sexual allegations against Joseph Smith.
- Click here to read Grant Palmer’s discussion of these allegations.
- Click here to purchase Brian’s new books entitled “Joseph Smith’s Polygamy Vols. 1-3”
- Click here to check out Brian’s website called “MormonFundamentalism.com”
- Click here to check out Brian’s website called “JosephSmithsPolygamy.com”
In this episode Dr. Brian C. Hales discusses 12 myths regarding Joseph Smith’s practice of polygamy.
- Joseph Smith had a reputation as a womanizer.
- The Joseph Smith – Fanny Alger relationship was not a plural marriage.
- Joseph Smith’s polygamy was all about sex, in other words, “multiply and replenish the earth.”
- Joseph Smith had no children by his plural wives.
- Joseph Smith had sexual relations with 14 year olds.
- John C. Bennett was a polygamy insider in Nauvoo.
- None of Joseph Smith’s plural marriages were non-sexual “eternity-only” sealings.
- Joseph Smith’s teachings allow sexual polyandry.
- Some of Joseph Smith’s marriages included sexual polyandry.
- Joseph sent men on missions so he could be sealed to their wives.
- Joseph Smith threatened to destroy the reputation of any woman that turned him down.
- Emma Smith never supported plural marriage.
In part 3, Brian Hales contrasts his views on the naturalistic vs. faithful view of Joseph Smith’s polygamy.
Brian’s PowerPoint presentation can be downloaded here.
In part 4, Brian Hales explains the foundations of his LDS beliefs, and how he maintains belief in the face of detailed knowledge regarding Joseph Smith’s polygamy.