In this two-part interview we sit down with Jason Echols – one of the founders/pioneers of the exmormon subreddit (/r/exmormon).
For tens of thousands of questioning, doubting, and post-mormons, the /r/exmormon serves as a one-stop shop for community, current events, and activism within uncorrelated Mormonism. /r/exmormon is one of the (if not THE) largest and fastest growing religiously-themed subreddits on Reddit, and one of the most powerful forces in 21st century Mormonism.
As a longtime user/admin of /r/exmormon, Jason gives us an overview of:
- The history of /r/exmormon .
- How /r/exmormon works.
- Proper Reddit etiquette (“retiquette”)
- What it is like to be a /r/exmormon moderator.
- Some of the main contributions of /r/exmormon over the past several years.
- His vision for what /r/exmormon can become.
We hope you enjoy this deep dive into the /r/exmormon world!!!