Welcome to Mormon Stories Podcast — the most popular LDS/Mormon-themed podcast on the Internet (between 4,000 and 6,000 listeners per episode)
For those of you looking for some interesting, Mormon-related content to try out your new Christmas iPods — allow me to explain what Mormon Stories podcast is, and how to listen:
- Why do you do this? Hopefully these essays will help explain it.
- About the podcast:
- What is a podcast? A podcast is like a combination radio/TV show, but better because you can download it to your iPod (or MP3 player) and listen to/watch it whenever and wherever you want — pausing, rewinding, or fast-forwarding (as the need arises). You can enjoy a podcast while driving in your car, doing household chores, or exercising. Mormon Stories has released podcast episodes in both audio and video, as well as via Youtube — to accommodate your situation.
- How do I listen? The best way to listen to a podcast (by far) is to download iTunes to your machine (if you don’t already have it), and then subscribe to the podcast by clicking here, and then (while in the iTunes store) clicking on the “Subscribe” button for Mormon Stories Podcast.
- The full list of Mormon Stories Episodes can be found here:
- Online Video: Mormon Stories Youtube site
- Audio and Video Podcast: Mormon Stories RSS Podcast Feed
- Some of the highlights: On Mormon Stories Podcast we have interviewed all sorts of fascinating Mormons about important Mormon issues, including:
- Richard Bushman, Grant Palmer and Morris Thurston about the life of Joseph Smith
- Gregory Prince about the life of President David O. McKay
- Claudia Bushman on women in the LDS church
- Jim Parkinson on the story of an LDS man’s survival of the Bataan Death March (World War II)
- The story of a couple who left the church, and then came back again
- Todd Compton and Anne Wilde about the history of Mormon Polygamy
- Darius Gray & Margaret Young and Darron Smith about the history of Blacks in the LDS Church
- Greg Kearney about the connections between Mormonism and Masonry
- Buckley Jeppson about Homosexuality and Mormonism
- And many, many more (over 100 episodes in all)
- Essays: We also have created a few other documents and multimedia presentations for your enjoyment, which you can find here.
We hope you enjoy Mormon Stories podcast, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all!!!!