I have a very unique opportunity to interview someone who (in my mind, anyway) is one of the most important minds in 21st century Mormonism: Terryl Givens. He’s written several books on Mormonism — all published through Oxford Press, including:
- The Viper on the Hearth: Mormons, Myths, and the Construction of Heresy (Religion in America)
- By the Hand of Mormon: The American Scripture that Launched a New World Religion
- People of Paradox: A History of Mormon Culture
- When Souls Had Wings: Pre-Mortal Existence in Western Thought
- And a new, yet-to-be released book on Parley P. Pratt. called: Parley P. Pratt: The Saint Paul of Mormonism.
- You can also read the transcript of his interview for the PBS series “The Mormons” here.