Please join us as three Native American women, Sarah, Ann, and Monika who were raised in the Mormon church, discuss the following:
– What they were taught about the “Lamanite doctrine” as Native American Mormon women.
– How the Mormon Lamanite doctrine impacted their lives, especially while finding a partner.
– How their perspectives have changed regarding the Mormon Lamanite doctrine.
Links and show notes:
- Monika’s article in The Exponent “My Apology for My Complicity”
- For anyone that wants to be a part of Native American/Indigenous exMormon monthly group chat on Zoom, contact Sarah Newcomb through the Lamantie Truth page on Facebook.
- Sarah’s essay is contained in this book entitled “Where Grandmother Walked”
- BYU Devotional Sarah referenced calling Polynesians more blessed (20:36)
- Ann’s facebook video
- Monika’s TikTok
- Donate to the National Native American Boarding School Healing Coalition
- Donate to Navajo Strong
- Donate to Eve’s Place
- Donate to Collective Medicine
- Donate to The Manuelito Navajo Children’s Home