Original Title: From Canada to Norway: A multicultural journey through Mormonism, Islam, and the European perspective, with Claudia.
In this first installment of Mormon Stories Europe, Henning Müller of Mormon Stories Germany interviews Canadian-born Claudia about her multi-ethnic heritage, emigration to Norway, and Mormon faith transition.
Claudia and Henning examine the following topics in this three-part series:
- Claudia’s upbringing and how Claudia’s family became members of the LDS Church.
- How Claudia, growing up as a young “tom-boy,” was affected by Mormonism’s teachings on gender roles, and how it contributed to her struggles with anxiety and depression.
- Claudia’s opening the “Pandora’s Box” of uncorrelated Mormon History, the question of homosexuality, and American Mormon politics.
- Claudia’s positive and negative experiences working with asylum seekers in Norway.
- The cultural similarities between Muslims and Mormons and the stark similarities in rhetoric employed by conservative LDS leaders and radical Islamists with regards to the role of women.
- Why the European Mormon perspective is unique and important, our hopes for attracting more European voices and establishing a bridge of discourse between a European and North American audience.