What happens when two closeted lesbian Mormon women marry men, have children, then cross paths and fall in love? In this very special Mormon Stories 2 part episode, we are honored to share one of the most important interviews in the history of the podcast. This is the story of Lena Schwen and Sal Osborne. In part 1, Sal describes dating in high school, feeling as though part of her died as she married a man in the LDS temple, and struggling with her ex-husband and band mate as they toured in the group “Love You Long Time”. Lena, a teenage convert from a divorced Catholtic Italian home, takes us through the heartbreaking events that led to her conversion into the LDS church. Lena has a truly unique story and fascinating perspectives from the eyes of a convert! We end part one with Lena realizing that raising children with the values taught by the LDS church made her feel like her time being a dedicated Mormon wife was running out. We hope you’ll tune in to part 2 to hear how these two amazing women overcame enormous hurdles to become the couple they are today!
We are 100% donor funded! Please click HERE to donate and keep this content coming!
- Wipeout, Season 2 Episode 8, Sal and her former husband were the winners
- Sal and her husband’s band, Love You Long Time
- Mormon Stories interview with Tyler Glenn
- Mormon Stories interview with Wayne and Alex Sermon
- Lesbians Who Look Like Justin Bieber
- The Principles of Healthy Sexuality, with Natasha Helfer, on Mormon Stories