Jim Bennett is the author of “A Faithful Reply to the CES Letter.” He is also the son of the late Utah U.S. Senator Bob Bennett.
In Part 1 of a multi-part series with Jim, we discuss in-depth his approach to maintaining belief in the Mormon church AFTER exposure to all of the historical and social problems currently vexing the LDS church, as highlighted in Jeremy Runnell’s groundbreaking book “CES Letter: My Search for Answers to my Mormon Doubts.
Today’s episode covers:
- Jim’s sincere respect and admiration for Jeremy Runnells.
- Jim’s early life in the church, wherein he experienced a faith crisis in respond to the movie The Godmakers.
- How/why to continue believing in God after a Mormon crisis of faith.
- How/why to continue believing in Jesus after a Mormon crisis of faith.
- What it means to Jim to be a fallible Mormon prophet.
- How Jim views the claim that the Mormon church is the “one true church.”
- Jim’s condemnation of FAIRMormon’s recent YouTube videos attacking Jeremy Runnells and me.
Also, please do not miss my dear friend Bill Reel’s super in-depth interview with Jim if you happened to miss it.