- Did the historical figure we know as Jesus actually exist?
- How did the historical figure Jesus come to be viewed as divine/the Son of God?
- Who wrote the New Testament? (hint: it wasn’t Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc.)
- Do important contradictions exist between the four gospels of the New Testament, and what does that tell us?
- How was the New Testament assembled and changed over time?
- How/why did Dr. Bart Ehrman change from believing the Holy Bible to be the inerrant word of God, to an agnostic?
- What are Dr. Ehrman’s thoughts on the historicity of the Book of Mormon?
As an expert on the New Testament and the history of Early Christianity, Dr. Ehrman has written or edited thirty books, numerous scholarly articles, and dozens of book reviews. Five of his books have been on the New York Times Bestseller list: Misquoting Jesus; God’s Problem; Jesus Interrupted; Forged; and How Jesus Became God. A comprehensive list of Dr. Ehrman’s works may be found here.