Over the past 15 years Mormon Stories Podcast has flooded Mormonism and Post-Mormonism with long-form, interview-style videos. We absolutely plan to continue these, but feel like Youtube is a super important channel for delivering content that we have not yet taken advantage of for transforming Mormonism and Post-Mormonism into healthier places for all.
Imagine with me if, over time, we could create a library of 500 video shorts that help discuss/explain/change Mormonism and/or post-Mormonism for the better. Topics can span Mormon history, culture, tips/tricks for those in faith crisis, modern-day activism around social justice issues, current events with the LDS church, etc.,
A super brief list of some possible video shorts might include:
- An Overview of Joseph Smith’s Treasure Digging
- An Overview of Joseph Smith’s Polygamy
- Why the Book of Abraham isn’t a translation
- Anachronisms in the Book of Mormon
- How Mormon apologists hurt Mormons and Post-Mormons
- An Overview of the LDS Church’s $120 Billion investment fund.
- How the LDS Church hurts LGBTQ People
- How the LDS Church’s Policies Around Pornography/Masturbation Hurt People
- An Overview of Racism Amongst LDS Church Leadership
- How the LDS Church Harms Mixed-Orientation Marriages
- Is the LDS Church a Cult?
- Etc., Etc., Etc.
So….I am looking to start producing short Youtube videos as a major emphasis for the coming years. Where relevant, I would like these videos to incorporate clips from past Mormon Stories Podcast interviews, along with images/visuals (though these are not required).
I am looking for a handful of volunteer producers/writers to help me create/produce these Youtube shorts. Here are the steps:
- Pick a topic you care about. Formulate a title and description for the video short.
- Locate clips from past Mormon stories episodes that you think might be relevant (not required). If you do find clips, write down the link, along with the start and stop times for each clip.
- Find any other video or audio clips that you might want to integrate, along with any images that could make the presentation more visual..
- Write a basic outline or script for what the video will say. Please keep it under 10 minutes (reading out loud).
- Email all the info to me at: email@example.com. Make sure the heading says “Youtube short.”
- If I feel like your idea is a good fit, I will do my best to help make the videos happen and release them via Youtube. If we use your ideas, you will get full credit as a producer of the short video.
- Please be patient with me as it will likely take time for me to respond to you. Depending on how many people reach out, it could take months.
- If you would like to volunteer to help do vetting, or editing, or video production, please email me at www.www.mormonstories.org wit the subject “Youtube Shorts Volunteer” and tell me your skills.
Once the project gets off the ground, I would LOVE to provide compensation for producers!!!!! It’s too early now, but if this project takes off and revenue comes in (either through ads or donations), I can commit that 100% of the revenue generated from this project will be funneled back into the project, including to pay producers, editors, etc!!!
Thanks for considering!!!