7 Reasons This Mormon Thinks Mitt Romey Will Win the 2008 Republican Nomination:
- Fred Thompson is not energetic enough
- Giuliani is too corrupt (mafia connections), too sexually immoral (for conservatives), and too politically liberal
- John McCain is too old, has had too many cancer scares, has anger issues, and has questionable enough ethics to disqualify. He’s also last election’s news (actually — 2 elections ago)
- Huckleberry is completely unelectable in the generals — for his name, as well as for his past hateful rhetoric, and his entrenchment in “The Christian Right” which will turn off too many moderates and liberals.
- Ron Paul (my favorite) is too honest.
- All the others candidates are no-shows
- Yes Romney has the Mormon and flip-flop issues — but I predict that the fact that he’s the most “Presidential” of them all (and very well-funded) will carry the day for him (unless he makes a MAJOR gaffe, or has some serious skeletons in his closet).