- Their lives growing up in devout (though divorced) LDS families.
- Getting married, and having children while Cody was attending medical school.
- The sacrifice of serving in the church while raising young children and pursuing demanding careers.
- Leah’s decision to start her own business with four young children at home and Cody working full time as a pediatric radiologist.
- …and how all of this culminated in a Mormon faith crisis.
Note: Some of the resources mentioned in this interview include:
- Leah’s “Marriage Proposal” to Cody after their marriage was feeling deeply strained.
- Leah and Cody’s letter to believing family and friends about leaving the church.
- Leah’s letter to her business team about leaving the church
- The Young Family Values
- Leah’s list of helpful resources in a Mormon faith transition
- A compilation of issues/questions regarding the Book of Mormon that were asked to Jack Welch, lead church apologist and founder of FARMS.
- Messages sent to Leah/Cody showing the need for Mormon Transition support communities – shared with their Stake President and Bishop.
If you are seeking healing, growth, and inspiration during or after your Mormon Faith Crisis, you will not want to miss these episodes. <3
The 2nd part of this interview which highlights Brinley’s teen perspective of a faith transition, as well as the conclusion of our discussion with Leah and Cody, may be found here.
Part 1 – Leah and Cody provide their Mormon background:
Part 2 – Leah and Cody reflect on how their faith influenced the beliefs and behaviors they brought into their marriage:
Part 3 – How a faith crisis began:
Part 4 – How a faith crisis impacted Leah and Cody’s marriage: