WHAT: The “THRIVING Beyond Orthodox Mormonism” project is an effort to profile thriving post-Mormons and progressive Mormons with the intent of providing tips, tricks, inspiration, and hope to those who are questioning and/or leaving orthodox Mormonism.
For those who are newly questioning/doubting Mormon, we want them to know know that:
- They are not crazy.
- They are not alone.
- They should not be afraid to doubt/question orthodox Mormonism.
- They CAN find healing, joy, and growth beyond orthodox Mormonism.
It is also a way for you to “bear testimony” of your truths and life choices as they stand today.
WHO: I am looking for a set of 100 post-Mormons and progressive Mormons to interview on Mormon Stories Podcast who would consider themselves to be thriving after leaving Mormonism (or Mormon orthodoxy). Not flawless….not perfect…..just thriving. When I say thriving, I mean overall healthier and happier than when you were active in the church.
- I hope to release at least a few profiles a week over the next 6-12 months.
- Candidates for future Mormon Stories Podcast episodes will be culled from these profiles.
- I hope to include these profiles in an upcoming book that I hope to write entitled: THRIVING: The Gift of the Mormon Faith Crisis.
Note: I have created a template to help you complete the questions below. Here is the template. You can make a copy of this template, complete it, and send it back to me.
Please submit a profile if you are able/willing to do so!!!! I know that this project is going to help many people.
I would LOVE to have some diversity in my interviewees in terms of age, race, geographic location, personality type, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, parent status, etc.
Once you have completed your answers to these questions:
- Please email me the answers at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please put “THRIVE Interview” in the subject heading.
- Please include a photo or two of you and/or of your family.
- Please know that your submission grants me the right to use your answers both on this web site, and in any upcoming book projects that I hope to complete.
Since I cannot interview everyone for Mormon Stories Podcast, I will choose the most compelling, relevant, and/or diverse outlines to interview. I plan to record the interviews over the next 12 months. Please be thoughtful. Take your time to write something powerful and helpful to others.
Finally, even if you are not chosen immediately for an interview, I am confident that you will benefit from this exercise. I am also very confident that your story will reach many people like you, who are in need of support and (most importantly) hope.
I am excited about this. And please spread the word for any thriving individual or family that you know.
– John Dehlin