- Their upbringing in the LDS Church. Madeleine was raised by a lesbian mother and a devout LDS father. She also privately identified as bisexual, but did not “act on it” as a youth. Jaime had a non-traditional LDS youth, but became a strong LDS participant/believer during college at USU. Jaime also began to question her gender identity during late high school.
- Their meeting and falling in love in high school, and their commitment to marry.
- Their decisions to serve LDS missions, which were spoiled and terminated early due to egregious worthiness interviews and punishment in the MTC.
- Their resolution to marry in the temple anyway, only to lose their faith as a married couple after the November 2015 policy was announced.
- Jaime’s transition as a trans woman, and their growth as a couple through all these transitions.
I honestly don’t know when I’ve been as moved as I was during this episode. These two humans are deep, sensitive, and incredibly thoughtful.
Check it out! I hope you enjoy!!!!