Concluding our series on Transgender/Intersex issues within Mormonism, we interview London Flynn. London discusses her transition from male to female as a post-Mormon teen, including:
- Her desires and behaviors she wanted to take part in as a child, but was not free to express
- Achieving the Eagle Scout award as a teen, but feeling disconnected from the other boys
- Her fears of “coming out” when she began to study the methods others were subjected to as a way to “correct” gender confusion
- The different milestones in her transition and how her family, friends, and institutional leaders have responded
- Her hope and vision of the future
Thank you London for sharing your beautiful story and for helping all of us understand more the transgender experience within Mormonism!
A thoughtful and intelligent young person. Thanks for sharing your story with us London.
OMG. I’m in love. She is sooo beautiful. One of the softest most feminine trans-males I have ever seen; smart and articulate to boot! It’s sad London had to struggle through life with the burden of body dysphoria and all the mental anguish that comes with it, but so wonderful that she is now in control of how she goes through the rest of her life. Wishing London the best of luck and happiness!