- His 3rd-generation upbringing in the LDS Church as a Navajo.
- The culture shock he experienced when he moved off the Reservation while in grade school.
- His feelings of being an outsider both in and out of the Church while growing up in his new community.
- His inactivity in his younger years and how he subsequently went back into activity after meeting his ex-wife and becoming sealed in the temple.
- How he realized he never truly had a “testimony” of the truth claims of the LDS Church, even while being active and being heavily involved in ward missionary activities.
- His impending faith transition.
- His thoughts and feelings of the “Lamanite” identity
- The joy he has experienced reconnecting with his Navajo heritage, identity, and customs.
Hyrum is also a professional artist. Check out his art here: https://www.facebook.com/artofhyrumjoe/