Jim Bennett is the author of “A Faithful Reply to the CES Letter.” He is also the son of the late Utah U.S. Senator Bob Bennett.
In Part 4 of a multi-part series with Jim, we discuss in-depth his approach to maintaining belief in the Mormon church AFTER exposure to all of the historical and social problems currently vexing the LDS church, as highlighted in Jeremy Runnell’s groundbreaking book “CES Letter: My Search for Answers to my Mormon Doubts.”
Today’s episode covers:
- Women and the church and the Ordain Women movement.
- The Mormon church’s approach to “Law of Chastity” issues including pornography, masturbation, and one-on-one “worthiness interviews.”
- The Mormon church’s handling and mishandling of sexual abuse cases.
- The Mormon church’s treatment (including excommunication) of activists and critics.
- A closing discussion of the faith crisis “epidemic” within the modern LDS church, and Jim’s opinions about the best way to handle the situation.
To thank Jim for his participation so far in this series, please email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org.