John takes the hot seat this time as Rick Bennett from YouTube Channel Gospel Tangents does the interviewing. Gospel Tangents is a channel looking to represent a 360 degree view of Mormonism and welcomes guests representing various views and experiences of the Restoration Gospel started by Joseph Smith.
Rick calls John Dehlin the “grandfather” of Mormon podcasting. Not that he’s old, but rather internet-old! Rick asks John about his journey in and out of the Church, dating an Oscar-winning actress in high school, some of his dealing with general authorities, and his excommunication and aftermath. They also discuss his tangles with apologists & neo-apologists, the Swedish Rescue, and whether he really wants people to stay LDS.
WE ARE 100% DONOR FUNDED! Thank you for your donations!
- Monthly Donor:
- One Time Donation:
- Amazon Purchases:
- ONLINE: Follow the link below and choose “Mormon Stories”. Amazon will do the rest at no cost to you.
- APP: Enable Amazon Smile in your app by following link below:
Like & Share our Podcasts!
Social Media/Information Links:
Mormon Stories Podcast
PO Box 171085
Salt Lake City, UT 84117
- Richard D. Poll: What the Church Means to People Like Me
- Mormon Baseball Baptism Era D. Michael Quinn
- MS 101-103: Ted Lyon on LDS Church Change, Latin American Missions, LDS Membership Statistics & Thoughtful Faith
- The Cumorah Project
- Ordain Women
- John’s TED Talk
- New Order Mormon
- Mormon Matters
- Wheat and Tares
- By Common Consent
- Dialogue Journal
- No man knows my history
- Rough Stone Rolling
- Reuters Special Report: Mormonism besieged by the modern age
- MS 343-344: Mormonism and the Internet with John Dehlin, Scott Gordon (FAIR) and Rosemary Avance
John, you are an inspiration and a blessing. Thank you!
Thank you John for being so good at what you do. I really was grateful to hear your story!