Part Time OSF Bookkeeper Job Description
The Open Stories Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promoting understanding, healing, growth, and community for people experiencing or impacted by religious transition. The OSF produces the most popular podcasts in Mormonism (mormonstories.org, mormonmatters.org, athoughtfulfaith.org, mormonmentalhealth.org), and holds regular workshops and retreats to support Mormons impacted by religious faith crises.
The OSF is looking for a part-time bookkeeper to support sound financial management of the OSF. This contract is for 1 year, and is renewable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the management of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Applying strong accounting skills, including A/P, A/R, purchasing backup, journal entries, and all bookkeeping through financial statement preparation.
- Participating in activities needed to support the management functions of the team.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Two or more years of bookkeeping experience.
- Payroll skills and use of common bookkeeping software is required; previous experience in accounting and QuickBooks or related programs.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping practices and procedures.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to interpret data and make cost effective decisions.
- $20 per hour.
- Approximately 5-10 hours per week.
- All inquiries should be directed to: email@example.com.