These episodes of Mormon Stories include a recording of our live interview on 10/23/17 with renowned author, Dr. D. Michael Quinn, author of the final volume of the “Mormon Hierarchy” trilogy. In his newest book, Wealth & Corporate Power, Michael provides a comprehensive look into how the LDS Church acquired wealth from the early days of the church until the 21st century.
We cover in detail:
- How Michael was persuaded to expand the project from an appendix, to a full-fledged book
- Michael’s meticulous methods in gathering and remembering information
- His thoughts on the ethics of receiving “leaked” information, and whether he uses such information in his work
- His observations of the changes in church financial strategy and salaries throughout the decades of church leadership
- His views of the contemporary Mormon Church
…and so much more
Like what we do? Please consider becoming a Patron at our newly created Patreon account. This is an option in addition to our regular monthly donation option. Patrons donate based on the amount of content we produce, at the price of $1 per interview. Please visit https://www.patreon.com/mormonstories for more details.
Part 1: Michael shares the history of how his new book, Mormon Hierarchy: Wealth & Corporate Power, came to be
Part 2: John and Michael dig into the contents of the new book
Part 3: Michael shares his thoughts on the contemporary LDS Church