(Note: Segment 3 of this interview has been removed from the podcast feed — out of respect for the family members involved, and due to legal and other concerns).
In this 4-part series, we interview Richard Packham — co-founder of the Ex-Mormon foundation. Throughout the interview and via Richard’s own personal story, we explore 3 ways in which the LDS Church creates unnecessary enemies:
- Episode 1: By not being honest about its own history (e.g. teaching accurate history)
- Episode 2: By breaking up families (when one no longer believes)
- Episode 3: By harming the loved ones of those who have left the church (removed from the feed)
- Episode 4: To conclude, Richard discusses the benefits of religious belief and the LDS church, the mission of the ExMormon foundation, and bears a final testimony regarding the joy/happiness he has experienced since leaving the church.
NOTE: The purpose of this interview is NOT to encourage people to stay or leave the LDS church. It is simply to:
- Seek to understand and to validate the path of those who have felt compelled to leave the church, and
- Explore ways in which the church can seek to no longer create unnecessary enemies.